Associate Strategy & CEO Office
Gemaco Group is Europe’s leading provider of full-service merchandising and promotional marketing solutions for global industry and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) customers (www.gemaco-group.com). For more than 20 years, Gemaco has been active as the premium supplier of promotional products, sales promotion solutions and fulfillment programs across a wide range of sectors. The Company’s 13 locations make it one of the very few providers able to serve large corporates on a global scale. Gemaco employs around 300 people and generates sales of ca. € 100 million.
In 2017, capiton, a mid-market buyout firm with €1bn AUM, acquired a majority interest in Gemaco. Based on its strong market positioning, capiton and management are planning to grow the business both organically as well as through targeted acquisitions given the highly fragmented nature of the market.
Overview of Role:
The Assistant to the Management Board is a critical role enabling the CEO to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders while fulfilling her commitments to Gemaco’s partners, shareholders and Board of Directors. The role is highly strategic and requires flexibility and focus as well as a proactive mindset acting as the trusted counsel of the CEO and other key members of the Management Board. Strong analytical skills, self-motivation and emotional intelligence are necessary. This is a high-profile opportunity to gain insight into a private-equity backed business and to work directly with the CEO and more broadly a successful Management Team.
- Coordination of projects or commitments directly involving the CEO and her direct reports (e.g. M&A integration, organizational restructuring, long-term strategic initiatives)
- Managing teams related to the CEO's ongoing priorities and special projects
- Preparation and facilitation of CEO meetings (e.g. for the management board, board of directors, shareholders)
- Proactive identification of issues that could impact the successful execution of the CEO's commitments
- Independent leadership of special CEO-initiated projects
- Development of draft communication on behalf of the CEO or research in support of the communication
- Implementation and measurement of the business plan, including the establishment and evaluation of KPIs and other reporting work streams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and leadership abilities
- Comfortable dealing with senior members of staff such as board members
- Ready to work hard for the success of the company in a high-intensity environment
- Diplomatic, discrete, driven, flexible and resilient
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent academic track record
- Experience of working on private equity transactions is preferred, gained in corporate finance, strategy consulting, investment banking or private equity
Send us a motivation letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.